We are taking part in Safer Gambling week running from 19th until 25th November 2020.
Here at Midnite, we believe that gambling should always be an enjoyable leisure activity, but we also want you to stay in control of your time and money, and experience safer and smarter gambling.
Here are a few tips to help you gamble safely:
- Plan Ahead – Before you play, decide how much money you’re going to spend online.
- Stick to your budget – Only gamble what you can afford to lose.
- Play for fun, not to make money – don’t try to ‘win back’ or chase your losses.
- Keep a clear head – don’t gamble under the influence of drink or drugs.
- Know when to take time out – don’t gamble if you feel angry, upset or depressed.
We offer different tools to help you and also recommend a few organisations where you can find support if needed. We offer different tools such as setting Deposit Limits, Cool Off Periods and review your Account History to help you stay within your budget.
You can find more information on these tools on our Responsible Play page.
Want to know more? Take a look at the link and phone numbers below to get more information on Safer Gambling Week, plus what you can do to manage your spending.
In GB call 0808 8020 133 Free call
In IRL call 1800 936 725 Freephone
In NI call 08000 886 725 Freephone
If you want to stop gambling for longer than 30 days, you can self-exclude yourself from our site from six months to five years. To access this service, follow the steps below:
- Go to your Midnite account
- Select "Responsible Gambling"
- Select “Self-Exclusion”
- Choose the period for self-exclusion (six months to five years), and confirm the selection by clicking the “Set Self Exclusion” button. The request will be accepted immediately and you will be logged out.
If you are considering self-exclusion, you may wish to register with GAMSTOP. This is a free service that allows you to self-exclude from all online gambling companies licensed in Great Britain. For more information and to register, please visit GAMSTOP here.
You may also want to consider installing website blocking and filtering software such as Gamban on your devices. This blocks access to all online gambling sites and applications.
If you or someone you know needs support with problem gambling, there are free, independent organisations that can provide non-judgemental advice and support. These organisations have trained advisers standing by to help you:
- GamCare (https://www.gamcare.org.uk/) - helps problem gamblers as well as their family and friends.
- GambleAware (https://www.begambleaware.org/) - helps people make informed decisions about their gambling.
- Gambling Therapy (https://www.gamblingtherapy.org/en) - is a free online service for those who live outside the UK that provides practical advice and emotional support affected by problem gambling.
- You can also call the National Gambling Helpline Freephone from 8am to midnight, 7 days a week: 0808 8020 133
Our staff receive awareness training on problem gambling issues and are available to talk to you about any concerns. If you require any further assistance, please contact our Community team here.